Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Adam "Will Go Down For The People" Reports Avicii



Adam has been prompting his own fan fiction lately just by looking so fabulous, and making moves during his Queenbert performance to lead much of my feed to proclaim they are DED!  In fact, I'm certain he's prompted much more than fiction amongst his Glamberts.  His thighs certainly have!  Now, we learn, his dedication knows no bounds.  Will this epic song be on Avicii's next album, or does Adam have rights to it also?   How long must we wait to hear Adam sing about his talented tongue?  Will our swooning come soonish, or is delayed gratification what we must endure...




If in China, can view video here:  http://lilybop.smugmug.com





One of the tracks on True that we are hoping is the next single is “Lay It Down” with Adam Lambert. What was it like working with Adam?
It was great. Adam has an amazing voice. More than anything, he’s also a great writer. But his voice is just insane! He’s like a reincarnation of Freddie Mercury. Actually more like a mixture of Freddie Mercury and Robert Plant.



Is that what attracted you to working with Adam? His showmanship as a performer?





Yeah, I think so. It was Nile Rodgers that kinda had the connection with him and brought him down to put the vocals on a demo that Nile and I did. We weren’t even intending to have him sing on the final track. But then he did such an amazing job on the demo, we were like, “Why go look for someone else? It’s brilliant as it is.”



There was another song we did with Adam. It was about going down on a girl. He was like “well it’s not for me, but I’ll sing it. I’ll do it for the people, I’ll go down for the people” One way or another we all go down!




What was it like working in LA? You actually sat still for a minute in LA around the time of the Grammys. I know you were out there for more than a couple of weeks.
I loved it. That’s when I feel the best, mentally, physically and everything. Just not having to travel constantly, doing a couple of shows a week but on weekends have a house to go back to. It doesn’t necessarily have to be LA, but of course I love LA. I’ll probably be there for the next couple of years. The work is there and it’s such a creative environment.




Did you learn how to drive out there?
Ha… No. I’m still using my uber app. (laughing)
The other track on the record that resonated with us is “Addicted To You” I could see that instantly becoming a gay anthem .
(Laughs) Yes definitely it has that very house diva-ish vibe. So yeah I can see that.




Have you ever played at a gay club?
I have played at gay clubs. I haven’t played at an exclusive gay night in America yet. But there have been gay clubs and spaces that I’ve played in. When I spin, it isn’t just gay people that come out; it’s for everyone. It’s a lot calmer, there isn’t as much violence and more about fun. Just less bras being thrown at me!







The gay community has always been the primary audience that drove dance music into the mainstream. In the last 10 years, that has changed somewhat with dance music being driven by the wider festival circuit and the mainstream, what are your thoughts on that?
Well it’s constantly changing and evolving. As for the gay community, especially with house music (which is what I do), that’s where it started. I worked a lot with Nile Rodgers and we’ve done about 6 or 7 tracks together and we spoke a lot about that too. It’s just funny, ‘cause all his music started and rooted in the gay community and so many gay people have been his audience for such a long time.



Not only has danced music changed in the past 10 years, but so has the shift in LGBT rights across the world. Have you felt the changes or would you like to comment on the changes?
I have family and friends that are gay and it’s an important issue for me. I grew up in Sweden. So it’s really not that much of an issue in Sweden the same way it is for gay marriage in America. Even within the society in general. At least from what I feel growing up. I’ve never had any friends being homophobic or never even heard any parents being homophobic. I’ve never even seen that. But in America, you still see homophobia. It’s getting better but you can tell that it still exists.




Talk to me about your charity House For Hunger. It’s great that you are doing charitable and philanthropic work at an early stage in your career.
Thank you. It is a joint thing with my manager, Ash Pournouri. We wanted to do something for charity for a while. We didn’t want to just do a charity show. We wanted to do something more. Something bigger and something that hasn’t been done before. It’s sort of what we try to do with everything we approach. We always set the bar very high right from the start and that’s what we are still doing. We are actually going to go back and look at how the money we raised was put to use through the charity, so that is something that I am excited about. For more information, 

visit houseforhunger.org.




Last question: what was it like working with Madonna on her last tour?
It was amazing, I played at Yankee Stadium twice and that was definitely a big gay show. There were a lot of very animated people, a lot of drag queens and tons of fun.




FULL ARTICLE:
http://davidatlanta.com/2013/09/staying-true-avicii-opens-album/

http://www.pressparty.com/pg/newsdesk/londonnewsdesk/view/89095/



ALL FOR FUN, PEOPLE! 
Pearl Clutchers stop clutching, lol





OOFTA!




Have you ever had any sex with a girl? 
Oral.
You went down on her? 
Uh-huh.
Was it gross, or it was just not what you wanted? 
It was a little gross because I don't think she was as clean as she could've been. It wasn't the act of it that really turned me off. I don't really remember. I was 18 and I was drunk. Or maybe I was 17... The point of the matter is that I would not rule it out. The idea is intriguing.
And it's threatening. 
Well, it's threatening personally because you start identifying as a certain thing for so long, the idea of kind of going outside of that is scary because you're like, 'But that's who I am!' Being curious and embracing that curiosity is all a part of what I'm about. You don't have to be any one thing. You can kinda just be. Just live your life -- and play.
 2009 INTERVIEW http://www.out.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment