Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Adam Lambert: Question 6 is Not Really About Politics At All!





"So when I got the call that they wanted me to come down &

 do this fundraiser, I was very excited, because I feel like it’s

a little bit over due for me to be involved in a

 political...anything. And this is something I can wholeheartedly

 back up, without sounding like an idiot."  





"You can go to your church, you can go to your

 synagogue, you can go to your temple, whatever.

 But give us equal rights under the law.  Thank you.” 



I'm trying



mia farrow ‏@MiaFarrow


“Let’s talk for a minute about why we’re here tonight. So the truth is, and my brother Neil always makes fun of me, because Neil went to college for Political Science, and he’s always like ‘you’re such an idiot about politics’.  And I’m like ‘ahhhh!  I just wanna dress up!'  But seriously, the thing I like about Question 6, is that it’s not really about politics at all!  Yes, you have to vote in order to choose ‘Yes’ on 6, but you don’t have to be a Republican or a Democrat or either one.  It has nothing to with a partisan shfft.  It’s a human-rights issue.  So for my brothers and sisters who are also not that politically-minded, this is something that’s really important to everybody!




 And it’s very easy.   And that’s what this fundraiser’s all about. It’s about raising awareness to get people to go out and vote on something that’s very simple.  Do you want to give equal rights to all members of your community or not?





 The thing I always like to differentiate with, when it comes to these types of conversations, it has nothing to do with what religion or your moral compass, where it lies.  It has nothing to do with that.  I have full respect for everybody’s religion. Everybody has the right to choose whatever religious, spiritual path that they wanna choose, and that’s fine.  But if I’m gonna respect that path, you gotta respect my equal rights.




     And so that’s what I love about Question 6.  It’s direct. Hopefully people find out about this, they come and vote for it. Even if it’s the only fuckin' box they check!

 So when I got the call that they wanted me to come down and do this fundraiser, I was very excited because I feel like it’s a little bit overdue for me to be involved in a political...anything. And this is something I can wholeheartedly back up without sounding like an idiot.





     So thank you guys for coming tonight.  I hope you tell your friends about Question 6!  It’s very important.  Everybody has the right to just love who we love!  You can go to your church, you can go to your synagogue, you can go to your temple, whatever.  But give us equal rights under the law.  Thank you.”








Adam Lambert OUTLAWS OF LOVE 
Benefit for Marriage Equality Washington DC, Sept  25, 2012
video by NightBirds






HD - Adam Lambert - Benefit for Marriage Equality 
 Outlaws of Love - Washington, DC
Video by Talcvids:













End of DC show, Cuckoo




SHADY GIFS










No comments:

Post a Comment