Thursday, June 27, 2013

Bonnie McKee's American Girl, Featuring Friends, Including Adam Lambert








EDITED VIDEO WITH JUST ADAM'S PARTS & 13 GIFS:
http://lilybop.smugmug.com/Other-1/CLIPS-OF-BONNIE-MCKEES/30205448_T6rJpF#!i=2600590663&k=Sqv7BqZK



Download my new single for FREE at or !! AMERICAAAA!!!!






Review: Bonnie McKee Premieres New Single 'American Girl' by @arjanwrites

American-girl
When life throws you a curve ball the best thing to do is to not back down but to roll with it and learn from the experience. Rapidly-rising pop singer/songwriter Bonnie McKee can attest to that. She first popped onto the scene back in 2004 when she released her major label debut album. McKee recorded the LP with noted producer Rob Cavallo, but when her singles failed to chart, things turned sour. "Everyone stopped returning my calls," she explains in a press release, adding that being dropped from the label was a blessing in disguise."
She adds, "I was thrown to the wolves after being the darling at the label. After that I needed to learn humility and earn my stripes. I appreciate it so much more now that I've been in the trenches and had to struggle. Before it was like, 'I got a record deal at 16, that was easy,' like overnight magic, but it doesn't work that way in real life. Now I know how fragile the whole thing is."
After parting ways with Warner's Reprise, McKee took some time off and started writing music to recharge her creative mojo. She was introduced to producer Dr Luke with whom she started to collaborate on crafting songs for others including Britney Spears, Taio Cruz and Ke$ha. They also worked together with Katy Perry on her platinum-selling Teenage Dream. It was a match made in pop heaven that was helped by the fact that Perry and McKee were close friends who met years earlier at a second-hand clothing store in Hollywood (true story!).
After becoming one of pop's premier songwriters, McKee is gearing up to release and peform her own music again. But this time it's on her own terms. This week, she unveiled the brand-new "American Girl" that provides fans a taste of her emerging brand of pop. It's a totally fun and polished pop tune that has global number one written all over it. 
Based on McKee's real-life experiences, "American Girl" is a glorious pop confection drenched in colorful '80s nostalgia that is an ode to the pop stars that inspired her. "Some of my earliest memories are of watching Madonna, Michael Jackson and Cyndi Lauper on MTV," she explains. "I loved how the artists of that era were so visual. Seeing what they could do really molded me as a musician.Even now I use a lot of colorful imagery in my writing. Every day I ask myself, ‘What would Prince do?'"
"American Girl" is only the beginning of what McKee has planned for fans. "I’m really looking forward to putting out my own record,” McKee says. “I’ve learned so much over the last nine years and am grateful to have the experience of writing for other artists. I’m also excited to show people what I can do as a performer singing my own songs."
Bonnie McKee asked her friends to help her record a fun video for the song. So fun! Watch the video and look for cameos by Katy Perry, Ke$ha, Tommy Lee (in drag!), KISS,J enny McCartney, Jane Lynch, George Takei, Adam Lambert, Carly Rae Jepsen, Macklemore, Kelly Osbourne, Giuliana Rancic, Karmin, Joan Rivers, Kathy Griffin, Jason Derulo, Taio Cruz, Nicole Scherzinger, Jewel, Sofi, George Kotsiopoulos, Becky G, Sirah, Lance Bass and Justin Tranter. An official video for the song will be unleashed soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment